Lāčplēša gājiens 2016 Karogs pacelšana

Krape civil parish

Print
Ieteikt Twitter Share Ieteikt Draugiem


--

Area – 72,7 km²

Population – 747
Distance from Ogre – 37 km
Largest populated places – Krape, Veckrape (Krape manor), Lobe
 
 
Krape civil parish is located in the southeastern part of Ogre municipality. Relief is wavy and intertwined with many ravines, where the Ogre and Lobe Rivers flow through with few tributaries. The Lobe or Viskali lake is the largest in Ogre municipality. The lake is shallow and almost completely covered with water plants. There are many swamps around the lake. Forests occupy 41% of the territory with exceptionally big trees, three protected plant species and nine animal species.
 
There are no castle mounds or castle ruins, but the ancient cemeteries near Rozkalni and Lejasokeni suggest that the area has been populated for a very long time. Jewellery found in these cemeteries tells us that this may have been the northernmost settlement of the ancient Semigallians.
 
J.G. Rehehūzens was Koknese`s – Krape`s congregation pastor from 1636 to 1644. He was also preaching in Latvian and in 1644 wrote the first Latvian grammar book. Between 1687 and 1702, the first translator of the Bible into Latvian, Ernst Gluck, was the pastor of the Koknese congregation, which included the Krape civil parish. Gluck is also known as the foster parent of Marta Skavronska, who later became Empress Catherine I of Russia.
 
The beginning of 18th century marks the time when the Northern War took place. After the war Vidzeme, including Krape, came under the Russian rule. In 1804 the Krape Lutheran church was built. The fundamental of this wooden building was put in 1802, but it was rebuilt into the stone church from 1856 to 1857. The altar painting ``Christ in the Getzemene garden`` was painted by Kārlis Fridrihs Huns. During Soviet Union time there was a grain warehouse, as well as an apartment. Later a concert hall was founded here. Today it is the local architectural monument.
 
As there were many religious disagreements during the 1840s of 19th century, it lead to another church being built for orthodox, because during this time many Latvian farmers turned to orthodoxy. The Krape St. Arseniy Orthodox church was built in 1891. There is a zinc box built into the fundamental, with some coins and a paper with the inscription. Divided stones were used for the building, however, in the bell tower, the cornice, in the door and window aisles, red bricks were used. On April 8, 1894 His Imperial Highness inheritor Czar`s son the Great Prince Nikolajs Aleksandrovic and Duchess Alise Gesenska married in the church. This encouraged others to turn to orthodoxy. It is the local architectural monument.
 
Other architectural monuments include, the Krape baronial estate (19th c.) – a gardener’s home and a park (late 19th c., an area of 8.3 ha). The north-eastern part of the parish is covered by the Verene swamps, which have been under national protection since 1999.
  
 
 
Significant places and sights
 
 
The Krape Park – covers an area of 8.3 hectares with local tree groups.
 
 
The Nature reserve ``Vērene`s swamps`` is important complex part of the Lobe River basin.
 
 
The Krape Lutheran church was built in 1804 (rebuilt in 1857), where the altar painting ``Christ in the Getzemene garden`` painted by K. Hūns can be viewed.
 
 
The Krape dairy was founded in 1925 and is fully operating at present under Riga`s milk factory.
 
 
The Krape St. Arseniy Orthodox church was built in 1891. In 1894 on 8th April His Imperial Highness inheritor Czar`s son the Great Prince Nikolajs Aleksandrovic and Duchess Alise Gesenska married in the church.

 

 

 

Back
Pieteikšanās Ogres novada iedzīvotāja un skolēna kartes saņemšanaiKlientu apkalpošanas centrs